Monday, January 4, 2016

Odds and Ends

This is Steve, and I'll get the first crack at describing our last day in London. Mimi will then fill you in on our morning trip to Notting Hill.


Today's weather was the nicest we saw in London (by far), so I started the day with a run through Trafalgar Square, which is about 1.5 miles from our apartment.


I then ran along the Thames for a while, crossing the Golden Jubilee foot bridge and then crossing back at Blackfriar's Bridge. This route took me past the London Eye, as you can see.


After we all went to Notting Hill for shopping and lunch, I decided to squeeze in a few last "odds and ends" in the afternoon. My big plan was to observe a Parliament debate, but they weren't in session today. So I toured Westminster Abbey next door, where I saw the grave of Charles Dickens in Poet's Corner. You'll have to take my word for it, as no photography is allowed in the Abbey.

I also caught the Tube to the Tower of London and walked around. The picture above was taken near the "Traitors Gate," where Anne Boleyn and Sir Thomas More entered as prisoners (that's what the sign said - this isn't personal knowledge or anything).





From that same vantage point, I also took this picture of the Tower Bridge. I then walked across the span and was mildly offended by a sign reading, "World's Most Famous Bridge!" Who are they kidding? We all know that's the Golden Gate.


I'll close my contributions to this blog with another picture I took today that shows blue skies behind Big Ben. And for good measure, there's a red double-decker bus in the foreground and a bit of the London Eye peeking up at the left.

I hope our friends and family have enjoyed these pages - thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Dave and I have really enjoyed your travel blog and photographs, the photos today were amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave and I have really enjoyed your travel blog and photographs, the photos today were amazing!!

    ReplyDelete