Saturday, January 2, 2016

My Favorite Store in the Entire World

This is another he/she post day.  Steve had some fun sports-related junkets planned, so Adrienne, Stephanie and I went shopping in Soho.

We did some looking around at Carnaby Street, which is supposedly famous, but most of the stores there are the same ones we have back in the US.  Disappointing.

The store I was super excited to go to is Liberty London, a luxury department store, known best (by me anyway) for their high-end cotton fabrics in trademark florals.

Here's just a tiny smattering of the selection in this store.  I'm talking THOUSANDS of different fabrics, on two floors of the store.  It's not cheap, though.  Their simple cotton fabrics cost over $30/yard.

The store also had a Rowan Yarn section, which was started by famed designer Kaffe Fassett, who I adore.  (If you've ever seen Cabana's pieced round dog bed that I made at our house, that's all made out of Kaffe Fassett fabrics.)

Little packages of fabric, ribbons, stationery, embroidery kits.  Drool, drool, drool.

This is my kind of taxidermy--stag heads, dog heads, and bunny heads, all made out of Liberty London fabrics.


We had lunch in the Liberty London cafe, where even the tea was served in their own floral china patterns.

Yes, this is my favorite store in the entire world.  I could have spent hours upon hours, poring over every item.  Being a considerate person, though, I only spent about 30 minutes there.  We still have 2 more full days in London.  I think I might come back by myself and indulge more fully.

2 comments:

  1. Meem, I can see you drooling in that store! I hope you go back and enjoy yourself and indulge in buying something you like! You may only be there once, no regrets! I thought of Karen, too, when I saw all those floral fabrics.

    I'm glad you are all doing stuff you want do do. Now we'll have to listen to Steve say "sod off".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Karen and Jan would have loved the store, too. Let's do a Girls' Night road trip to Liberty London! Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete